Monday, August 23, 2010

Can living near oil refineries make us sick?

We moved to a city in california 5 years ago. There are many oil refineries near our house (east bay, california). I was never sick before moving here, and now it seems that our entire family of 5 is constantly feeling fatigued, achy, tired, run down, and constantly picking up colds/flu's/etc. all the time. It seems that one or all of us are always sick. I gave birth to our last child right after we moved to this town and he has suffered from allergies and severe asthma all of his life (none of the rest of us have ever suffered from these things before...just him). Our immune systems seem to be low. I frequently have headaches and I have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome since moving here. We didn't move far, as we lived in this general area before...20 min. away. I wake up at night sometimes smelling this awful burning oil smell seeping through our windows. When I go outside in the morning sometimes I can still smell the awful smell.





I am beginning to wonder if these oil refineries and whatever toxins they release could be causing all 5 of us (36, 35, 12, 6, 4) to be feeling so awful all the time.





Anyone know anything about what kind of dangers there are from living near oil refineries?Can living near oil refineries make us sick?
Yes


Hydrogen sulphide %26amp; sulfur dioxide gases are not good for healthCan living near oil refineries make us sick?
You probably need to move upwind from where you are.


It sounds like the wind is blowing it your way.


Who know what all they are burning in there legally, or illegally.
no, I live in Houston and we have a bunch of refineries here


are all of your neighbors who live next to you sick ? I bet they are ok

No comments:

Post a Comment