Monday, August 23, 2010

What's it like living on a North Sea Oil Rig?

Well I was on a North Sea oilrig for 15 years. the first 10 were not too bad, but the last few years really did my head in. Then 2 years ago I wrapped in and transferred back onshore.





The money was great for my job - maintenance supervisor, but I hated it.





It's no more dangerous than a lot of other jobs, and our rota was 2 weeks on, 3 weeks off, so we weren't spending lots of time away from home.What's it like living on a North Sea Oil Rig?
depends in what sense as in the job you do.





it's dangerous for a start (moreso for certain jobs), your away from people for a LONG time. If you have an argument with someone, you can't avoid them really.hehe





pay is good, but for a reason, same with other jobs since they are very unsocialable... not like you can go clubbing on a friday night etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment