Monday, August 23, 2010

Which portable is cheaper to warm my living room only..electric oil radiator or electric quartz? thanks!?

oilWhich portable is cheaper to warm my living room only..electric oil radiator or electric quartz? thanks!?
This would depend on the current draw of each device. they are rated in BTU or BTUH. BTU is a British Thermal Unit. Assuming they are the same rating in BTU, the other thing to consider is the type of heat they put out. The oil filled device will radiate the heat to the air. I think the Quartz device heats physical objects,via infra red heat. I have used both, the radiator will heat the whole room up eventually, but the I don't the quartz device will. What costs you for the energy is, current draw or Watts. If it were me and the BTU and the Watt rating were about the same, I would go with the oil filled unit.Which portable is cheaper to warm my living room only..electric oil radiator or electric quartz? thanks!?
Dear oldsoul:





My advise to you is ask a professional. There are important aspects to consider re. room size, ventilation, children and a host of others that a professional would be glad to assist you with. Try a major hardware store like LOWES,Home Depot or SEARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment