Friday, July 30, 2010

I live in WI but work oil fields of ND. I saved no receipts. Can I still get any tax breaks?

No receipts or records = no deduction = no tax breaks.I live in WI but work oil fields of ND. I saved no receipts. Can I still get any tax breaks?
You are screwed, Ol' Buddy. I work in oil fields of west Texas and eastern New Mexico. I lost all my receipts one year, about $5000 worth. No deductions for me that year.I live in WI but work oil fields of ND. I saved no receipts. Can I still get any tax breaks?
Do not know what kind of ';receipts'; you are talking about.


If you were an employee in ND, then you dont get any special deductions for your commute or living expenses while away from home.


If on the other hand, you were a contract employee (paid your FICA), then you are entitled to tax benefits. Your commute, your meals, and your housing are deductible, if you can prove that Wisconsin is the base of your contracting business.


finally, the IRS only requires receipts for expenses over $75.00.
  • eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment