Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My cousin and i are making fudge. we live in the dorm. we don't have butter -but we have oil. would that work?

You can try it, but I don't believe it will be successful. Butter or margarine congeals when it's cooled causing the fudge to harden. With the oil you might have a nice ice cream topping, though! :)My cousin and i are making fudge. we live in the dorm. we don't have butter -but we have oil. would that work?
E-Z Candy


(All recipes are mixed the same.)





Melt ingredients, seperately in microwave until runny.


Mix together and pour into serving dish.


Chill until firm, cut %26amp; serve.





Chocolate Fudge:


16 oz. container of Fudge Frosting


1 bag of Chocolate Chips (any flavor you like)





Peanut Butter Fudge #1:


1 small jar Peanut Butter (18 oz.)


2 bags of Peanut Butter Chips





Peanut Butter Fudge #2:


1 small jar Peanut Butter (18oz.)


16 oz. container of White Frosting





Marshmallow Nougat:


1 small jr Marshmallow Creme


1 bag White Chocolate Chips


1 tsp. Almond Flavoring


1 small bag Chopped Nuts





(I've made this without the flavoring %26amp; nuts....I want to try


rolling


into balls and dipping in a chocolate coating....sounds good to


me.)





I've doubled all the above recipes. The Marshmallow Nougat


recipe...doubled and added a container of white frosting (had an


extra one....so thought....why not!)





I use a double boiler..(prefer the double


boiler)...add chips in first ...then rest of


ingredients.....saving


nuts and flavorings for last.My cousin and i are making fudge. we live in the dorm. we don't have butter -but we have oil. would that work?
Doubt it. I'm no cook or anything, but here's a tip I learned the other day watching TV. When making a cake, etc, if it calls for melted butter, you want to use butter that's been melted by being left in room temp- don't put it in the microwave or your cake will be flat (it won't rise). Also, when you microwave butter, margarine, etc, it takes the buttery taste out. That I have experienced.
You can always try it -- I'd be afraid the fudge may not harden though....hmmmmm......but now I'm hungry for fudge -- thanks a bunch!!! LOL


If you can't get to the store, then go for it. Otherwise, I would send HIM to the store....(I always send my husband instead of me having to go back out)...
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!





Yes, oil will work but not as well. Shedds Spread and Parkay are nothing but whipped oil


Professional confectioners will only use butter. STOP what you are doing and spend five dollars on pure Unsalted butter. GO NOw%26gt;
if it's old fashioned fudge (the kind you have to beat air into forever then pour it) i don't think it will work as well...





but instant should be okay i think.





good luck.
Well the butter gives it a buttery taste. So don't put oil. Just make it without butter. Or margarine if you have.
Make sure you have Pepto-Bismol with you. You'll thank me later.
yes i make it with oil all the time,lol


have fun!!


mmm brownnies
NOOOOO DONT SUB THAT BUTTER
if anyone is from greece in your dorm ,ask them.
dang!!..i'll chow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment