Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm looking for a reputable appraiser for an oil painting I have. I live in the norhwest suburbs of Chicago.?

I live in the northwest suburbs surrounding Chicago, and need some reputable leads for an appraisal on an oil painting I have here. Any help is more than welcome!I'm looking for a reputable appraiser for an oil painting I have. I live in the norhwest suburbs of Chicago.?
There will be numbers for Christies and Sotheby's in Chi. They will at least be able to tell you if its worth the investment. You may also care to contact the Art Institute of Chi. Museum, ask for the conservation extension and see if they're able to direct you to any starting places. (Likely to be Christies or Sotheby's, though.)Expect to pay a flat fee for a non-entity piece and 5-10% of the appraised value for a name painting.


happy huntingI'm looking for a reputable appraiser for an oil painting I have. I live in the norhwest suburbs of Chicago.?
Thank you very much for the info...it's much appreciated! Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment