Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If you live in the US only: If the US entered an oil crisis, would you be willing to give up driving?

I mean, if the military needed all the oil and gas it needed, and took it all away from us, so we had to either bus, bike, or walk to work, would you do this gladly, or would you gripe or even protest?If you live in the US only: If the US entered an oil crisis, would you be willing to give up driving?
We all need to be working on driving less and using more public transportation/walking/biking now before things become a problem. It would be difficult, yes, but we need to keep looking for alternative sources of energy and utilizing them. We also need to encourage the government to increase routes and kinds of public transportation.If you live in the US only: If the US entered an oil crisis, would you be willing to give up driving?
It's really easy to say ';yes'; to this question, but to be honest, I would not give up driving.





I live to far from work, and owning a horse is just way too expensive.
Most of the oil is in Iran, Iraq and Arabs hands, Arabs are worth billions and billions. Iran is also worth billions. They have all the cards. Arabs could bring us to our knees anytime they want. You can't fight a war without oil. I did not support drilling in AWAR Alaska because we should save that oil for war. I also do not agree with exporting our oil to Europe for the highest price. I also do not support the capping of our wells in this country. Oil Companies cap wells to drive up the price, that's wrong. Clinton sold us out on SUVs he exempted them from the Federal Mileage and polution Standards as a bribe from Automakers, that was wrong. The Hydrogen auto by GM will help by 2020 but if we spent $1 trillion on Hydrogen cars instead of in Iraq we would already have Hydrogen Autos. In Europe they have far better mass transit, bullet trains, we do nothing like that.


We waste tax payers Money on Defense and making more nukes, that's wrong. Congress is useless. Organized crime is alive and well. Some call it Congress.
ive sworn off driving bcause of the hastle of a car/truck. i have had to move center to all i need to live but live in a cool area of austin. i live on 51st, work on 23rd, grocery is on 41st %26amp; everyone/everywhere i hang out is within a couple miles. im used to riding and 5 or 8 miles is a long way. its easy to say it %26amp; not greuling to do it occasionally but think, when its pouring rain, sleet, freezing cold ya better have your sht together. i use lined overalls to keep my clothes right for work. know, a motorcycle can be easily modified to burn used vegi oils. %26amp; yes, my bike has baskets. no, im not gay.
All of this so called oil shortage is a industry sponsored rip off. I wish that America could be weaned off of oil by use of alternate fuels. Big oil has run this country into the ground for to long and really needs a reality check. If everybody would just slow down and do the speed limit it would save the country millions of gallons of fuel each and every day. While driving a truck I learned that 7 miles per hour saved 1 mile per gallon. Do the math, multiply that by the millions of miles driven every day and you would have oil off of the coast waiting to be unloaded because they would have no place to put it here, then see what would happen to prices.
I live in New York City, so I don't even have a car. New Yorkers tend to travel very lightly in this world--we are heavy public transit users--but we're fortunate to have an excellent public transit system.
i would give it up, i live about 8 miles from work, so i could ride my bike to work. however, getting food would be a different story. i would need bussing to get my groceries. i wouldn't complain.
I'd give it up, America needs to walk more anyway- if you go by statisics about the growing population of obesity.
Well, I would not be happy, but I will always follow my government and my military
i have a good bike, the exercise would do us some good.


Might get a horse or mule.
I would be mad because I have to commute to school 2 times a week and the drive is about 45 miles. I guess I would car pool and get a bike.
It would be tough at first, but I would love to rid my bike everywhere! Everything I need is less then 5 miles away, plus, i love riding my bike. I think it would be cool if everyone rode their bikes everywhere
I live in US junior, Canada. I'd be okay with it. The oil will be gone soon - I expect it to happen.
If the situation became so dire that the mobilization of the military required the majority of the oil, I would have no problem supporting the governments desire to do so. I'm sure the American people will be able to understand and cope with this as well. Economic consumption on this scale by the military would require a world war in proportions greater than that of WW2 for the US. Not only would we cope, we would all contribute in other ways just as the public did in the 1940s.
Sure, if it were ncecessary, I would ride a bike to my office or telecommute more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment