Friday, July 30, 2010

Live in the US and just graduated Culinary school. Want a job on an oil rig in Alaska. How do I go about this?

Good job idea, working on an oil rig pays very well. Especially in Alaska. My friend wanted to be an engineer on an oil rig, so before he got his degree he was a roughneck over the summer, which got him some experience. I do not think you will need that tpe of experience, however, but you must be a very good cook to work on a rig. You have provide food for thousands of people, and it has to be good food because that is all they eat. By the way, living expenses in NY or Las Angeles are MUCH higher than in AK. You actually get paid to live in AK from all of the oil profits. Don't know if you knew that or not. I would call a company like Schlumberger or you could just look on the website www.oilcareer.comLive in the US and just graduated Culinary school. Want a job on an oil rig in Alaska. How do I go about this?
You want to be a cook on an Alaskan oil rig? I would try contacting Shell or Chevron and see if they have any job openings.Live in the US and just graduated Culinary school. Want a job on an oil rig in Alaska. How do I go about this?
apply to a company up there.
I think you got the wrong kind of training to work on an oil rig....
I'm getting a degree in art education. And yeah, I plan to be mailman.
Send them a resume, but you'll probably need some experience first.
why not start by checking out Monster for jobs in Alaska
I really wouldn't go to Alaska as it is very very very expensive to live there....try going to Los Angeles,CA or even NY and see if you can work for restaurants and work your way up
Why would you go to Culinary Institute and want to work on a oil rig Is beyond me,I have never heard of this before and they dont hire elaborate cooks for oil rigs,you dont have to be an Culinary graduate to be a cook on an oil rig
Going on line to see if they have any job openings.
You can contact the HR departments of the various oil companies. You may find that they contract out the cooking to third party companies, but hopefully they could direct you to some of them.





And for those of you that think this is a strange goal, I have done some contract engineering work on a couple of oil rigs and they put out some of the best food you can imagine. They feed the crew very well.
Do you want to be a chef on an oil rig? Why, may I ask? Why not apply to some of the cruise ship companies? That would be better I think. Just wondered.

No comments:

Post a Comment